Thursday, November 8, 2012

Who am I?
Who am I?  Not a lof of people ask themselves that or even wonder who they are.  They just assume that the question means exactly what it says.  Who am I?  Your name, where you live and maybe how old you are.  What they don't know is how much deeper the question goes.
Who am I? I am Lauren Schuster daughter of Michael and Michelle Kingsley.  There's a lot to know about me, but I'm going to describe a few of the things that best describe me.
I am the first born to my mom.  I have a younger sister and an older step brother.  I was born on September 11, 1994 and I am now a senior at Aurora High School.  My friends.  I love my friends and I honestly don't know what I'd do without them.  They are such important people in my life.  I wouldn't trade them for the world.  We make the best memories and have some of the greatest laughs together.  I love movies.  Sad movies, happy movies, romantic movies, and best of all scary movies.  Watching movies with my friends and family and family is something I love to do.  Just kicking back and relaxing with the people you love.  Your best friend and a good movie is always the cure to a bad day.  Music is something i constantly listen to.  I'm definitely not the greatest singer of all time, but you better believe if a song comes on that I know I'll be singing it loud and clear.  Country music is my favorite genre of music to listen to.  It can be happy, sad and upbeat.  It's always on and I'm always listening.  Shopping is another favorite of mine.  I love, love, love to shop.  Spending money is a must for me even if I don't have any which comes more often for me than you think.  I'm a compulsive buyer.  I walk into a store and see something I like and I instantly want it.  I'll for the longest time about how I wish I had money to buy those supper cute jeans or that supper cute purse.  I love putting outfits together and adding accesories.  Peace.  Something little that everyone wants.  No fighting with your friends, no drama with your parents etc.  It's just a little friendly reminder for me not to argue or fight with the people around me.  Trying to get along with everyone and by just being happy without all the uneeded tension and drama. ACC is where I work.  It stands for Aurora Child Care.  I love my job and what I do.  I love working with children.  My job at Aurora Child Care is a big part of who I am.  It's so fun to watch them grow and how they grow and to know that you took a little part in that.  McDonalds is probably my favorite fast food restuarant to eat at.  All of my friends tease me about it but I love it so much.  Yeah it's not the most healthiest place to eat but that's the best part!  I don't ever gain any weight from eating there.
Loving and humerous are two of the important things that describe who I am.  I love to meet new people and make new friends.  I just love to be around people in general.  You can never have to many friends or meet to many new people.  Making people laugh is definitely something I'm good at.  For the most part, it comes naturally and that's why I like.  Things can just pop into my head and roll off my tongue and people are rolling on the floor laughing.  It's one of my better qualities.  My faith is something I'm proud of.  It's something everyone should be proud of.  Standing up for what I believe in and what I know is right. 
I’m not ashamed to tell people that Jesus Christ is my savior and that he died for my sins.
I used an emoji on my deep map for my smiley face.  It’s something I use all the time.  I love being happy and smiling and laughing.  Why waste a day being in a bad mood about something you can’t fix when you could look at the bright side of the situation and choose to be happy about it and not let it get you down.  Luke 12:7 was my sister’s favorite Bible verse.  She got it tattooed on her wrist and was always telling me about it and why she loved it so much.  She’s gone now but that verse will always stick with me.  Who I am is something I’m proud of not ashamed of.  It’s important to me to be my own person and not change for anyone else.



5 comments:

  1. Lauren,

    It is so fun to see what makes you, you. I, too, love movies! I am also glad you are proud of who you are! There is no one else like you. I love your humming bird background. Very cool!

    Dr. English

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    I totally learned a lot about you from reading this! I love this essay. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren,
    Reading your blog was fun, considering I know almost everything about you. How you described yourself is exactly how I would describe you to a complete stranger. The way you described our friends was perfect because that is exactly how we are no matter what the situation.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is beautiful! When i read over the part about you liking country music the best, that just made my day. Many people dont like country music because they said it is depressing. I honestly dont see how they think that. Also I can consider myself as a country boy, because i live in the country. So I can gladly tell you country music is my favorite too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, I really liked your blog. I found out things that I didn't know about you. I think your a great person, nice job!

    ReplyDelete